Tuesday, March 25, 2014

better the second time around

Bill's home! He hasn't been home since March 16th. I saw him last weekend, but I picked him up in St. Joseph to drive to Indiana. It's on the way to my parents. Why would he drive to GR only to drive right back by the office?

Anyway, I celebrated his homecoming by making leftovers. I had some ham and bean soup in the freezer. When I made it the first time it wasn't as good as I had hoped. I decided when I pulled it out to reheat it that I would add actual chunks of ham (I had used a ham hock to make the soup, but no ham). That's what I did tonight. It made a huge difference and was very good.

While that was heating up, I decided I needed bread of some kind to go with the soup. But I didn't have any bread.

What's the next best thing?

Biscuits.

But not just any biscuits, cheesy garlic biscuits (think Red Lobster).

I quickly found the recipe and literally tossed the ingredients into a bowl. Then into the oven and ta-da! Ten minutes later the biscuits and the soup were ready.

I'm thankful for leftovers.

Obviously I'm thankful that Bill's home. That's a given.

I'm much more impressed that dinner was as good as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment