Saturday, July 21, 2012

Welcome back, what's that smell?

My one hour meeting this morning lasted three and a half. That set me back for the day. I will not be watching HP 7 parts 1&2 today. I did get the house cleaned before going and taking care of a friend's cat. And before going to the church to pick up/welcome home Bill and the youth group.

They only hit one traffic backup just outside of Lansing (which was the same spot they had traffic on the way).

The first thing we did was unload the car. Bill chose to shower while I took care of his clothes.

Oh! The smell.

Not only is West Virginia a southern state (where, you know, it's warmer) but it's also wetter. This means nothing dries out. They spend all day sweating and whether they attempt to hang up their clothes or not, it's to no avail. The clothes will remain damp (in other words; will start to create a science experiment) until they are brought home and unwrapped by loving spouses or parents and either burned or immediately thrown into the washing machine with enough detergent to clean the Statue of Liberty.

I chose the latter. Currently, I have one load done and folded, one in the dryer and one in the washer. One is still spread out on the basement floor in hopes that the cooler basement air will dry them out and rid them of the awful stench that is not body odor, but is the smell of wet.

Think wet dog. After a week. That hasn't dried out.

Yeah, it's that bad.

On top of which the homeowners, where Bill's crew worked all week, were smokers. They smoked inside their house.

I'm glad I just bought a new bottle of Febreeze. I also grabbed the can of Lysol.

I'm sure the smell will disappear eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment