Monday, July 30, 2012

English, the language no one knows...

Okay first off; I was going through my email contacts, never mind why, and found that I don't have a clue as to who many of these people are! Some are contacts from New Jersey, many are from Quota and a lot are from church.

I clearly have a bad habit of only saving/using first names.

Last names are helpful. Especially when you don't have a clue as to who this person is, or can't remember.

Some names are memorable. Shruti. She was our host in Nashville. I probably won't forget who she was. But then there's Pete. Which Pete? I know two Pete's. This email address could belong to either one.

I realized I have done the same thing in my phone.

Maybe that's why we need "smart phones". Are they smart enough to know first and last names?

Second; I am not a writer, or an English teacher but I do recognize the written (English) language (actually I do okay with French too. Yes, I did translate this post without a translator). I never won a spelling bee but I am a pretty good speller.

What is wrong with people that they are putting together proposals, formal letters, emails and other important documents that they don't edit/proof-read???

From my perspective; if I am reading a proposal that is supposed to impress me and in the first paragraph there are five (FIVE!) spelling errors, what makes me want to first, keep reading and second, hire your firm? You couldn't even go back through and catch these very obvious mistakes? What are you going to do to our project??? Or "prjoect" because that was one of the words you spelled incorrectly.

HIRE ME! I will proof your documents, letters, emails, proposals and anything else that you need.

I don't know why I'm like this. Maybe I should have studied English. I'd still be unemployed...

No comments:

Post a Comment