Tuesday, July 10, 2012

my favorite summer meal

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

My favorite meal in the summer is a blt and corn on the cob.

That was dinner tonight. It was delicious. The corn cobs are smaller in size, but the kernels are nice and big.

We've been buying them from Ken's Fruit Market.

We love Ken's.

We can walk there.

I don't recommend walking there on a 90 degree plus day.

It makes one cranky.

I'm just sayin'.

I've found that Ken's (now you'll know who I'm talking about when I mention "his" name again) has competitive prices.

But don't go there to buy your Mayo.

You'll pay a lot more than at the other grocery store.

But sugar is reasonable.

And the produce is all local.

The meat is amazing (but it's from California), they make their own sausages!

We are so happy that Ken's is there. They just opened up a location on the north side of town. They must be doing well and we are happy to support them.

Sometimes even twice a day, like today!

But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment