Friday, June 27, 2014

summer reading

Whew.

I repeat, whew!

I finished "Anna Karenina". As a friend (and reader of this blog) stated, "I thought I needed to read the classics…" Well Robin, I don't think we do.

I'm not sure how I feel. I googled it after I finished it. That helped. Tolstoy was the first writer to use conscious stream of thought of characters. Okay, I can appreciate that.

I also get that it was one of the first novels to have factual events. It also had a lot of politics and class system viewpoints.

Overall, not my favorite book. It was not as bad as "Vanity Fair", I'll tell you that.

I am definitely ready to move on and read something a bit more entertaining. I am also looking for something written in English (no more foreign writers for awhile).

On my reading list are the Mary Poppins books, and a book whose title I don't remember. It was a gift in a beach bag, and it wasn't anything special. I also have catching up on magazine reading.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment