Monday, June 16, 2014

dinner

Tonight Bill made taco burgers.

Except they didn't taste like tacos. They tasted like burgers. I guess that means he's just going to have to try again.

For our side, I made beer-battered onion rings. The recipe is also for beer-battered apple rings but I've never made those. Tonight, I decided to use up a couple of apples that I've had sitting in the fridge. What better way to use them then deep-frying them?

While the apples could have been a little more fresh and crisp, the concept was delicious. I sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar. It was like dessert.

It was also a bonus because I only had part of an onion. Rather than cut up a whole one and have too many onion rings, or cut the old one and part of a new one, the apples rounded out the quantity.

Now to get the taco burgers down pat… pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment