Saturday, May 31, 2014

More Quirks

The other day I wrote about Bill and socks-off time.

I will now share one of my quirks that has nothing to do with socks but does have to do with off-time.

Don't worry, it's rated-G.

It has to do with jewelry.

I have pierced ears, so I wear earrings when I "go out". Depending on the top I'm wearing, I may wear a necklace. I also wear my engagement ring and wedding band. Depending on the event, I may even wear a bracelet.

Out of the fourteen years (in August) that we have been married, I have worked outside of the house for seven. For six of those seven years, I wore (and do wear) jewelry to work (I didn't wear jewelry when I had the furniture restoration job).

By the end of my day, or event, I am ready to take off my jewelry. I can't really explain it. But this is why I understand Bill's socks-off time.

I had a wedding today and by the time I got home I was ready to be jewelry-free. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy wearing jewelry and matching different pieces to different outfits. But there comes a time in the day when I'm ready to not be wearing it.

Aren't quirks fun?


No comments:

Post a Comment