Thursday, May 29, 2014

socks off

Bill has a time of day when it's time to take off his socks. We call it "socks-off time". Appropriate, don't you think?

I don't find it odd because I understand. I have quirks too.

Bill's time for socks-off usually happens in the early evening.

Which means if we go to visit friends, socks-off time is delayed. It can actually make him a teeny bit antsy.

As I said, I understand. Today I realized I may understand more than I had thought.

When I got home from my run I realized it was socks-off time for me. I thought about it for a minute and realized that warm weather is socks-off time for me. My feet are always covered up in the winter and I don't mind socks. I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I own enough pairs of socks to have fall/winter socks and spring/summer socks which I switch out with my other clothes.

But come Memorial Day/warm weather and it's no more socks. I'll wear them when I run, but then they immediately come off the minute I get in the house and take off my shoes.

Happy socks-off time. I'm thankful for socks-off weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment