Monday, May 19, 2014

a good cup of coffee

Every once in awhile, I pour the perfect cup of coffee. It has just the right amount of cream not too much, not too little. It is exactly how I like it.

This morning I got up early and drove to Farwell to meet Heather so we could go work (landscaping). I took two travel mugs with me. The first one had too little cream and the second one had too much. If I would have poured them together, it would have been exactly the right amount and I would have had the perfect cup of coffee.

Alas, that is not what happened. But it did make me appreciate that good cup of coffee when it happens. I like to be able to taste the coffee; coffee not being overwhelmed by cream. I am pretty sure that for those of us who drink coffee, we each have our own "perfect" cup. Next time it happens to you, give thanks because it doesn't happen every day, to every coffee drinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment