Thursday, May 22, 2014

herb abundance

The lilacs are blooming.

When I got out of the car Tuesday night, I could immediately smell them.

When I'm out running/walking I can smell them.

Lilacs mean summer is near.

I bought herbs to plant in pots on our deck again. I'm looking forward to fresh basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, and cilantro.
 Here they are, waiting to be planted.
 This is not an herb (nope, it's not lavender, although I did buy that). I forgot what it's called. I'll let you know...
This one is a heliotrope. 

I also bought woodruff, which is not only a plant but also the last name of my high school drafting teacher. Mr. Woodruff was awesome.

I am thankful for the space on our deck to have potted herbs and I look forward to the abundance of freshness they will bring forth this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment