Friday, September 28, 2012

take time to stop and smell the roses

Even though I'm now running three miles (yes, without stopping, look out! I'm a machine...) I have still noticed a few things on my walk.

There's a house on a corner that has beautiful roses blooming in red and white. They are blooming now, even though it's been so hot and we've had frost.

The leaves on the ground look like frogs, giant bugs, crouching chipmunks and other random things that my imagination sees.

I passed a woman pushing her baby stroller while talking on her phone. I said hi and she didn't seem to notice me.

I try to notice the small things on my walks/runs. Life passes us by so quickly. Of course I have taken time to talk to a friend on the phone when she called me in the middle of my walk.

I'm not better than anyone else, I just wanted to remind you to take time to stop and smell the roses. Or at least notice them.

No comments:

Post a Comment