Saturday, September 29, 2012

I can't help it...

...I love this city.

The festivals, the art, the music...

and so much of it is free!!! 

I hope that if you have visited our fine city before that you find it to be a great city. If you don't, I invite you back to give it a second chance.

Or if you haven't been to visit at all, please come check it out!

Art Prize is a great time to come visit, but so is every weekend in the summer. The fall and spring are amazing too. I love winter, so if you like snow and cold, you're also welcome to come visit but be prepared, you will be handed a shovel.

Below is a very small sampling of this year's Art Prize.

 Sticktuitiveness

 This quilt is actually made of wood...! How amazing is that? I heard about it from a friend and I'm so glad Bill and I went to find it. It's incredible.
 The chalking I wrote on the side of our Administrative building.
The Komodo Dragon made out of buttons. Suspended from the ceiling. 

What is art? Well, I've been thinking about that. The difference between an artist and anyone else is doing. An artist doesn't just look at something and say, "I could do that." An artist goes out and does it. So whatever the artist creates is art. This is my opinion. Not an official definition. 

Just thought I'd let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment