Tuesday, February 21, 2012

the scariest place

It exists. It's in your house, it's in my house. It's at the office, the doctor's and even the church. You can't hide from it.

That is of course, if you can even get to it.

The place I speak of? It's behind your desk.

Yikes!

It's scary.

I don't recommend going back there.

Unless you're doing something like hooking up a new printer. It's wireless, but it still has to be plugged in.

How's that for technology? We can now print, wirelessly, from anywhere in the house to this printer.

But to do that took some... magic. Maneuvers. Strength. And don't forget bravery. Bill is the technician, so he was in charge of hooking everything up and getting all the cords straightened out. I was in charge of crawling under the desk and passing cords to him.

It was really scary back there. The cobwebs and dust... whoa.

It's the kind of thing that Stephen King writes about. The things that get his creative writing juices flowing.

What I'm trying to say is that if you like to write and you need a topic, go crawl behind your desk. You might be inspired. Or you might want to think about cleaning.

Is it too late to point out that Bill works for a janitorial company? We clean our house regularly. But the desk is a behemoth. I can't move it. I can barely get the vacuum nozzle between it and the wall. So it's no wonder that it was that scary back there. But it's okay, because I survived. And now it's clean. We can go another five-ish years before we have to worry about it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment