Tuesday, February 7, 2012

what happens when I have too much sugar

The other day I had a brownie, a piece of rum cake and strawberry shortcake. Now I feel a head cold coming on.

The two have nothing to do with each other. However, it is a coincidence that in the past when I've had a lot of sugar, I have gotten a cold immediately. I don't know how the two relate to each other, but it happens.

Today, to fight off the cold, I had blueberries with my yogurt, a large glass of o.j., a Clementine, and freshly squeezed lemon in my water. I'm having butternut squash and spinach risotto for dinner.

Besides the five glasses of water I've already consumed, if this doesn't help me get better faster, nothing will.

1 comment:

  1. I realised when I ate Reese's cupcakes I didn't feel great afterwards and found it super hard to sleep as I was wide awake.. dread to think the sugar count in the little cups!

    I always drink mint tea when I'm ill :) somehow it makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete