Wednesday, February 1, 2012

scones

I haven't ever made scones. I have enjoyed eating quite a few. Including one this morning. But the first time I had them was at camp.

Yes, camp. We had a nutritionist who was the head of the kitchen. God Blessed that camp food. Brown was not the food group of choice that summer. Although it totally spoiled me. Brown camp food does very little for me except raise my blood pressure and jack up my sugar levels.

Back to scones. I think she made them because of Ian, who was our... I forget his title, but he was British and he worked at camp. He was a counselor for at least one summer. Anyway, back to the scones. I think she made them for Ian. They were good. I had nothing to compare them too (well, muffins, I guess) and I liked them.

This morning, I had a meeting at the local bakery. They had double chocolate chip scones. Yum! I've had scones there before. They rate right behind croissants, which is another post on a food I love.

But I haven't ever made scones. So I checked out PW's website to see if she's made any. Guess what? She has. It looks like I'll be making these soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment