Friday, February 3, 2012

and by cake I mean frosting

Tonight was our "young" couples dinner. We get together with a group of friends from church every once in awhile. We try to get together regularly, but they all keep having kids and buying houses and stuff. So the best we can do is once every other month. But it's been several months since the last time. Several months as in, it was summer. We tried having one in the fall, but half of the group ended up not being able to make it. I think it was the weekend I was in Iowa.

Anyway, we all bring a dish and we have a good time. Sometimes we try to impress each other with new recipes. Sometimes we pick a theme. Tonight was "international". Bill bought egg rolls from someone in his networking group. They were selling them as a fundraiser. Bill was very kind to support them. And they were really good. The main dish was fajitas and the appetizer was bean dip. Dessert was chocolate cupcakes.

Amy brought them and she brought the extra frosting too.

For some reason we had segregated ourselves, men in one room, women in the other.

That was fine. Sometimes it's good to have the separation.

So when it came time to dessert, I brought in a container of cupcakes and the frosting.

I added a large, heaping spoonful of frosting onto my cupcake. And then I proceeded to eat more frosting.

So this post is really a play off of yesterdays post. I feel the need to explain it because it's a quarter to twelve and I realized I hadn't blogged yet today.

If you got it, I'm sorry I explained it. If you didn't get it, then you're welcome.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment