Saturday, February 4, 2012

and by frosting I mean Rum cake

Do over for the Rum cake was today.

It turned out! And it's beautiful!!! And it is quite delicious.

The other thing that went well was the window repair. Bill bought the weather stripping. After finishing the polyurethane coat (and letting it dry), he applied the new weather stripping. Then he tried fitting it into the window opening. Not only does it fit, but it looks good too! I never had my doubts about the looks of it, I think we both had our doubts about how well the weather strip would work. It seems to be the right trick.

Now all we have to do is glaze the glass in place, let it dry and repeat sixteen times. For the storm windows.

Then we start all over with the casements. So sixteen times two.

I know that's thirty-two. I'm trying to ignore that number.

Maybe I'll go eat a piece of rum cake.

Or the whole cake.

2 comments: