Sunday, October 16, 2011

disguises

Fact: the average (American) adult starts working on their costume 61 days before Halloween.

I came up with our costume a year ago (actually a few years ago; it was a year ago that I finally decided that we would wear these costumes for this Halloween), and have been purchasing the accessories and different pieces since August.

I've always kept our costumes a secret, it makes it more fun. At least for me.

The first year Bill and I finally went "together" was our last Halloween party in Toms River. He was a devil and I was an angel. The next year, at Dave and Greg's Halloween party, we were hippies. We looked awesome. That was a great costume.

Then we didn't go together for the next couple of years for various reasons, most of them having to do with Bill and work.

After the devil costume, I made the executive decision to have costumes that did not involve make-up. Or red face paint.

When I questioned Bill, he would mostly whine about a costume and ask me why we had to "dress up". So I picked a costume where we could wear jeans.

We were ceiling fans... it's visual, see?Last year we were the U.S. Curling Team (no pictures on this computer nor did I blog about it last year! *gasp*, look for a picture tomorrow). Both of these shirts were designed by Shannon, check out her website!

This year, our costumes are a bit more labor intensive on my part. I'm taking a break from working on them. They're almost finished. You'll have to wait until Halloween to see what we are...

No comments:

Post a Comment