Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday randomness

Maybe I use the random part too often, but sometimes there's just more in my head than I want to wait to write about. Mostly because it's relevant to recent events.

For instance, this morning I turned on the tv to find out who won the World Series (no, I did not stay up to watch, I wimped out at the end of the 5th inning). Were they talking about it on the news? Nope. I pulled out my laptop, surely it will be the first thing at the top of the headlines. Nope. Would you like to know what was? Herman Cain and his "big lead" in the south.

What? Seriously. What does a girl have to do to find out who won the World Series???

Scroll down until I found better news than Yahoo! apparently. There it was. The first news story from Today. That's more like it.

The other randomness is on driving. I'm in Detroit for the annual Halloween party (pictures will be posted tomorrow).

Bill and I often muse over the different driving styles in the different places we've lived.

Often, as I drive into Detroit, I laugh to myself at the traffic. In Jersey, you tried to go 70 on the Turnpike, but often couldn't because it was at a crawl. In Detroit (at least today), you have to go 80 so you don't get run over (don't worry Mom, I learned my story-telling skills from Bill, I was only going 75).

Traffic moves, cars change lanes at high rates of speed and it takes skill to drive here. As our friend Heather O. once said on our drive over to Detroit, "Whoa. I'm glad you're driving."

I learned from the best and living in Jersey for 3 1/2 years didn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment