Monday, October 10, 2011

Lions, Tigers and Bears. Oh my!

The only thing that would make this perfect is if the Tigers were playing the K.C. Royals (okay, technically they're from Missouri, but it could have happened).

Get it? Kansas. Lions, tigers and bears, oh my!

Okay. I probably didn't have to explain it.

We can't watch the Tigers game. It's too close.

Instead, we're waiting for the Lions vs. Bears game. I'm making the grocery list for tomorrow and then I'm going to go do dishes. I'm also texting Sarah. She's giving me the game updates. It's much less stressful this way. Call us chickens. We don't care. We already jumped on the bandwagon.

Yes. I admit it. I haven't been a long-time Tigers fan.

For you sports fans, you won't like what I'm about to say: I like the teams that are in the mid-west in general. If there's a game on and the team is from Michigan, Indiana, Illinois (for the most part), Wisconsin or Minnesota, I'll root for them. The only sport that is the exception is hockey. (enter strong midwest accent) You don't live here and not root for the Wings. They're our team.

So I've rooted for the Tigers. I'm just a bigger (and more disappointed) Cubs fan. But since the Tigers have had a very exciting year, and our neighbor spent most of the summer working on his house, outside with the Tigers game on, I've not been in the dark. But I admit that I'm still jumping onto the bandwagon.

I'm going to go do the dishes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment