Thursday, October 20, 2011

the wrong magical beans


No. This isn't the story of Jack and the beanstalk. It's the story of "Emily bought the wrong beans".

I was going to make 2-Bean chili with Avocado for dinner one night. It turns out we had enough leftovers to make it, so I can make the chili one night next week.

Which is good since I bought the wrong kind of beans. The recipe calls for kidney or black beans and pinto beans.

I was staring at the pinto beans and price comparing the Meijer Organic brand to the regular Meijer brand to the name brand. I decided the Meijer Organic brand was the way to go and grabbed the can.

This was on Tuesday.

This morning, when I opened the cupboard to grab something completely different, the can of Organic Pinto beans caught my eye. I have no idea why, but there they were. Off to the side, taunting me.

Because they're not pinto beans. I grabbed the Garbanzo beans.

I must have been pretty focused on those prices.

I'm sure the two cans were right next to each other.

There are many uses for garbanzo beans and they will not be wasted, nor do they need to be returned. But one of the uses is not in this chili. I just can't imagine those flavors together... maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe it is the magical fruit that will make everything taste okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment