Friday, October 28, 2011

the sky is falling, literally

This morning, while I stood in the kitchen enjoying my coffee, I was looking out the back door.

I watched leaf after leaf fall from the Red Bud tree in our backyard.

Literally, it is fall. I was watching it happen right before my eyes.

Soon, there was quite a pile of leaves as they slowly swirled and spun to the ground. Letting go of their summer grip, each leaf relenting to the cold of the season.

Bill sent me the local weatherman's (his name is Bill too) forecast for the 2011-2012 winter. While Bill's email said, "kill me now" my reaction was a big smile and thoughts of beautiful snowflakes.

We are definitely a yin/yang when it comes to weather. I know I'm in the minority and I'll say it until it's no longer true, but I love winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment