Wednesday, October 12, 2011

ranch dance

I'm doing the ranch dance. I'm not sure what that looks like, but it's a happy dance.

I just made homemade ranch dressing. What's that you say? You'd like the recipe? Of course I'll share it. This is too good to keep to myself.

We don't have any fresh parsley but we do have fresh dill. I just happened to have buttermilk (leftover from last week's pot pies) and I had a coupon for mayo so we have two jars of that (don't worry, we'll go through that by Christmas. What? Is that bad?)

I know the dressing needs to sit in the fridge and just chill for awhile, but the little taste tests I had are good enough to get me excited. Bill wanted to drink it. I managed to keep him from doing that (promises of fried steak and twice baked potatoes helped). Now we wait.

The potatoes are in their first round in the oven. The steaks won't get fried until just before everything else is ready to go. They don't take long. We've been eating pretty healthy around here (minus the road trip and amusement park food). It's time for some good country cooking.

And a ranch dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment