Thursday, October 13, 2011

things I keep forgetting to share...

because the world wide web is clearly the place to share all my thoughts and secrets.

None of the things I'm about to share are secrets.

I know. I continue to disappoint you.

I hope not. I hope that sigh was just a half-hearted attempt to laugh at my bad joke...

I'll just continue on:

I forgot to tell you that we walked approximately 6 miles at Cedar Point. I wore my pedometer and did check it before we'd get on a ride and again after to make sure it didn't register any "steps". Six miles just walking from the car, around the park, and standing in line. Actually, not all the shuffling in line registered either, so who knows how far two hours is in line terms.

I burned the roof of my mouth the other night when I made the "Baked Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce with Goat Cheese and Toast". I burned it bad. The good news about mouth burns is how quickly they heal. Yesterday it was a huge, painful blister, today it's almost gone. It's a little sore, and breakfast was not pleasant, but now it's almost nonexistent!

I'm painting again. This time at First Place (the office building next to our church; it houses classrooms, the youth group hang-out spot aka "The Vine" and almost all of the church's administrative personal, as well as other offices for other organizations). I'm painting the new JFON office. They already have two offices; one is nice and big, the other is itty-bitty. The church as given them another room and it's currently a peach color (very blech!). I volunteer at JFON on Monday mornings, and offered to paint.

I should learn to keep my mouth shut.


Tomorrow is show-and-tell day, so be sure to stop back by to see pictures of things I've told you about, but forgot to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment