Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesdays and toothbrushes

How come the toothbrush has changed so much? I just saw one of our old toothbrushes lying (laying?) by the mud sink in the laundry room. Once it's been used to clean teeth for the dentist recommended period, it gets relegated to cleaning other things like sink drains, small car parts, and who knows what else.

The toothbrush that's by the sink is old. I can tell, not because it's worn, but because of its style. The necks are bent, the bristles are all the same size, the bristles are all different sizes, they're angled, etc., etc., etc. There's a lot of change in that small, little tool.

On a different note, we went to see Lauren at MSU tonight.

I've enjoyed our visits to the college freshmen. We get to see all these universities and the diversity that comes with each.

State is huge. I spent most of the time fiddling with the GPS as we drove through campus, so I missed "nothing but dorms" (as Bill explained it).

The university buildings I did notice looked, well collegiate. We had a good time, although our visit was brief. We had to go see her on a weeknight because our weekends are so busy (we're free in May of 2012, if you'd like to book us). We will go back and see her in the spring, when everything is in bloom and Bill's too busy sneezing from allergies to enjoy being outdoors. Yup, that's when we'll go back to visit her.

The next college visit we have planned is to Ball State to watch them smother CMU at this Saturday's football game. It's a rebuilding year for CMU (they have had seven division titles in their thirty six years in the MAC, you can fact check that here).

(Just for fun, Bill was at Notre Dame. Have a college you'd like to visit? We'll take you there! I still haven't been to U of M. I know, *gasp!* I'll get there, I've heard there are beautiful buildings. And I.U. is on my list. I've been there, but never took an actual tour of campus. Hmm, I think my bucket list is pretty heavy on the architecture side...)

No comments:

Post a Comment