Tuesday, October 25, 2011

the belt conundrum


I have a belt conundrum.

Pants, trousers or jeans it doesn't matter; when made for a man, they have extra belt loops. Look on the back, there are typically two or three belt loops back there. On my pants (so I'm guessing typical of women's pants) there is only one. Then, one belt loop on either side and two in the front.

Do you know what happens when you sit down, in a belt, with only one belt loop at the back?

This is my conundrum (I like that word):

It has a tendency to pull your belt.

I have ruined more than one belt this way.

And you can't say it's because I'm fat.

I don't sit funny.

Most of my pants are too big and they're falling down, so I have to hike them up before sitting down, so it's not like they're being pulled by my fat butt (remember, I'm not fat).

No. I have decided it is because of the one belt loop. Why else would that part of the belt be completely destroyed?

Bill's belts aren't destroyed.

He has more belt loops.

I have a conundrum.

Maybe I should buy better belts.

Where do you buy a better belt?

Does anyone else ruin their belts?

If not, please tell me where to find your amazing not-ruined belt. I need a new one.

3 comments:

  1. Why not take the trousers to the cleaners and have them add the extra belt loops? You are correct that most womens pants are missing the requisite number of belt loops. The belt gapes and puckers and it looks weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pfft, that requires effort. I'd rather have a belt that doesn't fall apart (the one I'm talking about has also pulled apart at the non-buckle end, it was cheap).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill does ruin his belts. In the front. They eventually give up to the pressure of Dunlop's Disease... It Dun-Lopped over my belt.

    ReplyDelete