Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vacation! part one

Bill and I finally took a week off, together and headed out on vacation. I am including a few photos on my blog and I'm breaking the vacation up into parts. I don't think you care to see all 300 photos we took (I have officially reached 5,000 pictures on my computer - that's only from the last three and a half years)...

First, we headed to Sunbury, PA. Our good friends, Shannon and Greg along with their two boys, recently moved here for Greg's first appointment in the United Methodist Church in Pennsylvania. We met them in NJ back before Greg was even ordained! Now they've finally moved back to PA to be closer to family and Greg has his own church (meaning he's no longer an Associate, he's the head honcho)! We were going to help them paint, but it turns out their new church family took care of that. Instead we got to relax, hang out and have fun.

We walked down the hill into downtown Sunbury and saw the whole town. We decided it must be what Stars Hollow looked like after the Gilmore Girls had left, forty years later. (We were all fans of that show, so it came as no surprise that we could all picture Stars Hollow, run down and in its faded glory.) We went to church and met the wonderful and nice members of their new church family. We went and saw "The Muppet Movie" at the Campus Theater (which had no a/c and apparently one speaker, luckily we didn't mind because after all, it was "The Muppet Movie"). We played Lego's with the boys, and I had stuffed animal fights, aka "pillow fights". We ate way too much food (Shannon's birthday was on Saturday, so of course there was cake, rum cake!) and enjoyed ourselves.

Shannon and I took the boys to a nearby park. I climbed on the Squirrel for a fun photo op.


We spent most of Monday walking through two huge antique malls. These were some player piano rolls for sale.
After looking through ridiculously large antique stores, we stopped and ate at Skeeter's. While it may not have been as good as Shannon's or my cooking, it wasn't bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment