Monday, September 27, 2010

for Alex

Our friend Alex is planning to visit us. It will be her birthday while she is here. I would like to do something nice for her, as far as cooking goes, while she is here. She got cheated out of one of my delicious meals the last time she came to visit. She had asked if she would get to eat one of my delicious dishes during her last visit, and while I promised her she could, she ended up visiting with her husband's relatives who also live here in town. So they missed out. I am going to make it up to her. *rubbing hands together* I am already thinking of what to make!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I love cooking, have I mentioned that? We had friends who came to visit this past weekend and I made a creamy risotto for the first time. It was amazing. I am making that again, soon. This time I'm adding shrimp.

Back to Alex, I have many choices of favorite dishes to fix. Help me? She will be here Saturday and Sunday. Saturday for breakfast is easy: my chocolate chip pancakes (or blueberry or both) with the homemade cinnamon syrup. Lunch will be a lighter affair to save room for dinner and dessert. Alex is going to have to tell me what she would like for dessert.

But for dinner, there are so many choices... a pasta dish? Lasagna (from Paula Deen, so there's something like seven different kinds of cheese in it), risotto, cheesy baked ravioli, the list goes on.

Or one of my many varied chicken dishes? This last weekend I cooked Chicken alla Roma (chicken with tomatoes, red pepper, proscuitto, onion in a sauce).

Or soup? I have a great homemade tomato soup (with Sherry), a cheesy beer soup, potato soup... with sandwiches? I love sandwiches.

Or pizza, or a calzone. I feel as though I should start rhyming, but I'm not quite in the mood to do that.

My recipe notebooks overflow with suggestions. What do you suggest I choose??

No comments:

Post a Comment