Tuesday, June 29, 2010

it's lunch, time for a sandwich!

Yup, I made another sandwich today. Let me backtrack a little; one of my favorite things that I ate while in Germany was salami on a hard roll with butter. I have enjoyed that treat a few times since I took that trip in 1998 (oh my gosh, was it that long ago). Another side note: Bill is back home. Sort of. He is now working on this side of the state more than he's working on the other side. Now I have to go back to stocking food for him for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Since he's working at home too, I need to accommodate his dietary needs again.

Yesterday I bought salami at the deli counter. I had her slice it thin, because I just like it better that way. Then I perused the bakery for some hard rolls. I found a garlic roll so I decided to try those. Now, as I mentioned, I liked my salami with butter. But that's sort of labor intensive and my mouth was watering. Wait! I have mascarpone cheese. I'm not a fan of American cheese with my salami and hard roll, but as my mouth started to water even more, I knew I was onto something with the mascarpone.

It's easy to spread, like spreadable butter. It doesn't have too much flavor, I started substituting it for butter in my macaroni and cheese, but it has more depth to it then butter. And it's half the calories, or fat. Something like that. Let me just tell you that I have a new favorite sandwich. It was delicious. Once again, my invention paid off!

No comments:

Post a Comment