Wednesday, September 29, 2010

practicing

There is a woman who created a scrapbook that let's you journal your life for a year. You take a photo every day and then you journal a little bit. Each page of the scrapbook has enough space for one week. By the end you've completed one year. One of my fellow Quotarians is creating one of her own and I have been captured in several of her photos. I really like the idea, although the idea of making another scrapbook when I have three unfinished ones is a bit daunting. However, this woman also created an online version because it was such a popular idea. Instead of paying for all of this, I decided I could probably just do it on my blog. Which means I will have to maintain a daily post. If there is anyone out there who reads this, other than all the spam, you know that I am not fastidious about blogging. To get me in the habit before I begin my year, I had a thought which I decided to share. (I am also trying to decide when I should start my year. As my friend pointed out, she was going to wait until January 1st, then realized it doesn't have to be a calendar year, and is in the process of journaling her 10th year of marriage, so it doesn't have to be anything special.)

Yesterday on the radio, the dj was reading a study about the states that have banned texting while driving. According to the study, there have been an increase in accidents in those five states with said ban. It went on to say that the increase is possibly caused by teenagers trying to hide that they're texting while driving.

We all hear or have seen the crazy things that people do while driving. I know I have been very tempted to text and after having attempted it decided I was not going to do that ever again. It's too dangerous. For those who think they can do more than one thing while driving should really have a friend record them driving while distracted and see how well they actually do. Not how well they think they do.

I digress, that was not my original point. What I wanted to discuss was one of the things in particular that I have heard of women doing while driving. No, it's not shaving, although that is VERY scary. It's using one of those eyelash curlers. Seriously?? I can't use one while standing still in front of a mirror. I've tried. And I'm a contact lens wearer, but I see that thing coming at me and I flinch faster than Bill does when he tries to use eye drops. No way am I going to use one of those things. Honestly, my eyelashes could benefit from using one, but that thing is dangerous. I nearly ripped out all of my eyelashes the one time I did try it. Obviously I wasn't using it right, or else I wouldn't be so terrified of using it. But this is why I am very scared at the thought of someone using one while driving.

When did driving your car become secondary to everything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment