Thursday, January 16, 2014

words of encouragement

I forgot yesterday. And then I had a dream that I realized I forgot to write a post and I got up and wrote one.

But that was just a dream.

Yesterday I had a "me" day.

One of my Christmas presents was a bank gift card. Because it was from the church, I wanted to use it to buy something that might actually come from church friends.

I have been looking at some wall art (remember this?) online, so I went to a couple of stores to see what I could find.

I found a simple cube, with a brightly painted sunflower that says, "Give Thanks". It was on clearance. It doesn't scream "Autumn decoration", so I carried it around the store while I looked at other things.

Then I found a plaque that says,
"Faith to light the darkened sky,
Strength to carry you on,
Love to touch and heal the soul and
Hope to greet the dawn"

It wasn't on clearance, but it was still within my gift card budget, so I picked that one too.

These words of encouragement are sprinkled throughout the house. I am thankful for the gift that I received to purchase these two signs that will remind me of my faith, family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment