Tuesday, January 21, 2014

An Ode to Winter Sun

And what I forgot to mention in yesterday's post about the new coffee grinder is that KitchenAid is located where?

St. Joseph, Michigan. Where Bill spends 45% of his time. Whirlpool owns KitchenAid.

I just wanted to share that.

There was a brief period of time this morning where the sun was actually shining. There was blue sky. It was lovely.

Incredibly cold, but sunny nonetheless.

At one point, on my short drive to work in which my car never did actually warm up, the sun hit my side view mirror in a very blinding fashion. I squinted, paused, and then smiled because it was so nice to see bright sunlight.

In these dark winter months, I find myself turning my face to the sun when it does shine through the clouds. I give thanks for the sunlight. It's welcome rays are rare and precious. The days are getting longer. And I like to delight in the moment of crisp, glistening winter sun.
(photo from Meijer Gardens, taken on a sunny day...)

No comments:

Post a Comment