Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pink Pajamas, Penguins on the Bottom

This is what we sing to the "Lion King" song. I'm fairly certain the words are African. But it's much more fun to sing, pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom.

Go ahead, try it. 

It's catchy.

I am finding myself singing it more often these days since I was given a pair of pink pajamas for Christmas. 

I may have picked them out, ordered them and let Bill wrap them.

The point is they are pink.

They do not have penguins on the bottom. But my slippers are black and penguins are black, so I could think outside the box and say my slippers are my penguins. It's a stretch, but it works.

Back to the musical. I'm fond of it not only because it came out when I was in high school, but we also played the musical score my senior year in band. Then, I went with the band as an adult chaperone on their New York City trip. We went and saw the musical, on Broadway. 

It was amazing. Actually it was better than amazing. Words cannot describe sitting in the theater, a theater on Broadway, as the orchestra played the opening notes. Needless to say I had goosebumps and tears. Then you have this movie that was a cartoon turned into live-action, costumed theater as only Disney can do and, again, amazing. Wow. I think I sat there for the entire show with my mouth hanging open.

I don't know if it's still playing anywhere, if it is, go see it. It's worth every penny whether you saw the movie or not. You might want to have a small interest in music, since it is after all a musical.

And remember to hum along to Pink Pajamas, Penguins on the Bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment