Saturday, January 18, 2014

Chili and boot camp

There are a couple of things that I'm thankful for.

First, for Chandra and Meijer Gardens. Meijer Gardens offers classes for many subjects and all ages. There was a Photography Boot Camp class that I saw was being offered for adults. I happened to mention it to Chandra and she said she would enjoy that.

Having a new camera that I know very little about, I thought I could benefit greatly from a class like this.

Having Chandra say that she would be interested in taking it with me, was even better.

Today was the class.

My brain is on overload.

The teacher was amazing. He used superb examples to explain all the different things about the camera.

I could have used more classes with smaller amounts of information. But that's just how I am.

Here is a small sample of what I did learn.

The first photo is the raw, original photo I took of Atticus, a very difficult subject in low light.

Then, with the raw data, I used iPhoto to adjust it.

Again, it's just a very small sample of what I learned. I may have over adjusted it, but I'm lucky I even figured out how to do that.

Small steps.

The other thing I am thankful for today is Bill. I'm thankful for him every day, and I try to tell him that. However, today he went above and beyond. While I was out playing (really, I don't consider taking a class called "boot camp" "playing" but I digress); he ran the vacuum, he went shopping and bought ingredients for chili, and then he came home and made chili. This chili is on the more mild side of Bill's chili, but it has the right amount of seasonings and flavors. It was delicious.

And that makes 1,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment