Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A new start

I'm currently reading, "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. It's for my book "club". We're on the last two chapters. We've intentionally gone slow because the book is pretty heavy. We've also gone slow because everyone in the group with the exception of myself, have children. That means nothing, other than reading an entire book can take longer when you're caring for ankle biters. (They're all great kids, I'm using that term loosely.) Hence our "club". We meet once a month. That's about all we can commit to doing. We've watched a video, we've shared food and coffee, we've read a book or two. Maybe "book" club is how we should describe ourselves.

At any rate, I gave everyone in our group a notebook so that we could each keep track of our one thousand gifts.

I know I'm not alone in our group when I say I have done a poor job of finding things for which I am thankful. I have thought of thirty-some. I bought the notebooks back in October. So it's not like I just started last week.

Last night, as I read a bit more of the book, it occurred to me that I could continue writing things for which I am thankful in a journal but I could also go back to blogging daily. I could use Giving Thanks as my daily theme.

And so I will.

The idea also stemmed from a friend who posted a comment on Facebook back in November. She pointed out that everyone posts what they're thankful for in the month of November, why not be thankful the rest of the year? Thank you, friend. I think I will.

You'll notice I changed my blog. I gave it a fresh new look for my new journey.

I have no idea what sorts of things I'll come up with, being thankful can happen in many different ways. I hope this will inspire you to think of things for which you are thankful.

Today, I am thankful for a blog, with readers (!), where I can share whatever I feel like sharing.

2 comments:

  1. cheers on your new start! gratitude is amazing....and i love ann voskamp's book. tremendously beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are back to daily blogging!!

    ReplyDelete