Friday, June 22, 2012

retirement and friends

We drove to Detroit today for a retirement party. Bill's former boss (when Bill was in Operations) Ron has retired to Traverse City with his wife, Cindy.

We've known Ron and Cindy as long as we've known John. 

Since I don't think I've ever blogged about this before, I will now:

   Jenny and I have known each other since college. We met in one of our Historic Preservation classes. We found out it was a small world when we discovered that she is from Birmingham, Michigan which happened to be where Bill was living at that time. Since then, Jenny and I have been friends. 

I have blogged about Jenny before, she and John host the annual Halloween parties that we go to. They also host the holiday parties for work and Jenny hosts a cookie party that I have attended off and on the past few years.

We met John when they were dating. They had gone out to New York City and we were still living in Toms River. We met up with them for dinner and a show, Spam-A-Lot, which was amazing! (Side note: we saw David Hyde-Pierce, Hank Azaria, and Tim Curry!)

Shortly after that, they were engaged. Then, six years ago to this day, we packed up and moved to GR. I made it to Jenny's shower, bachelorette party and we were at their wedding that year.

Then, in 2007 the four of us went on the Mediterranean cruise. 

In 2009, we went to St. Joe for Jenny's birthday and a wine tour (I managed to blog, albeit briefly, here).

Needless to say, we've done a lot with Jenny and John and I consider them close friends.


But this started out for Cindy and Ron, so good luck to them as they relax with family in TC. I'm sure I'll get to see them in the spring when Quota heads there for the annual conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment