Friday, March 30, 2007

"Overjoyed"


Day 106:

That was the best concert EVER! Possibly the best night of my life! It was "Crazy Times". We were total geeks and got there around 5pm. The doors didn't open until 6pm. We talked to one of the security guards who let us know that there would be two "gates" open. There was already a line of about fifteen people to the one side. We were first on the other side! SWEET. There was a woman there who was the House Manager. She gave us the scoop on the goods, and where the doors into the auditorium were. (we were out in the vestibule, then there was a hallway before you got to the auditorium) She was very nice. They opened the gates and we went and got front row seats, off to stage right (?) on the aisle. That was "Something Beautiful". The House manager came by to see if we did indeed get our front row seats!

The opening act was supposed to be "Burlap to Cashmere", but sadly they had cancelled. So it was "Disappointed by Candy" (?). We were not disappointed. The next band was "NeedtoBreathe". I like their title track song, I was "Like A Child". (See my unleashed post)



Then came the boys. Jars of Clay. There was this "Fade to Grey" and then the music began. Heather can probably remember all the songs they played. I was just in awe. They did play "Even Angels Cry" which is one of my faves of the "Good Monsters" album. They played "Flood" and "Love Song for a Savior". It was so much fun. "All My Tears" was great too!

I could go on and on. But seriously, they were awesome. They kept looking at Heather and me. But that's just because they probably recognize her. She did run into them at the Youth Specialties conference in Anaheim. They should recognize her!!!

I digress. Thank you, Matt, Dan, Steve and Charlie, for the best night of my life!

Look for us again. We're the lifers (seriously, two thirds of the people there were not born when they put out their first album. That could be depressing.)

I "heart" Jars of Clay"

3 comments:

  1. Awe I am jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto!

    I have to say my fav moment was when they told of the hotel person who liked their first CD. :)

    ReplyDelete