Thursday, March 15, 2007

Red


I wanted to post this sculpture from the Meijer Gardens. I was intrigued by all the angles. Every way you look at it, it changes. I'm really excited to go back there, with spring on the way. I never did get over there in the snow.

It looks like a slide, but the sign says, "Do not climb on sculptures". Bummer.


I had to move around a couple of times to find the right spot, with the sun behind the beam, and the angles moving in different directions. But I love that you really can't even tell that it's red.

5 comments:

  1. You have quite a talent with your camera, Em. These are beautiful!
    Welcame back from IN.....I know your parents were happy to see you :)
    Mom U.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    We had a good time. Everything went really well. Even Grandma came with Marilyn and Ed. So that was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my favorite sculpture at the garden, but I like it at night, best. for very nerdy reasons...It looks like a bird of prey, coming in for a landing. I don't mean a Hawk or an Eagle, I mean a Klingon Bird of Prey, From Star Trek? Oh, why do I admit to these things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There't the other sculpture (it's in the background of one of these pictures) that I can't wait to see this spring. It's in the middle of wild flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill-

    I don't think that makes you a nerd. I can see it too!

    ReplyDelete