Saturday, March 24, 2007

Unleashed

I was UnLeashed today. What a great experience! How can I explain how it feels to be unleashed? I am not ashamed of praising Jesus. I dance like no one is watching (and some may say, don't watch!) I have passion, power and purpose. But not purpose like "The Purpose Driven Life". No, my purpose is to make a difference how God wants me to make a difference.

I'm not trying to be "preachy", I just have the Spirit within me. And today I learned not to hold it in, but to unleash it. I have layers like Shrek, ogres, and onions have layers. Today, I peeled them off. I left them behind in a heap. I will put my light before me!

I also learned that my spiritual type is a lover (the other types are: mystic, sage and prophet). I "believe that real faith must be shared." Since I started this blog, and since I've been in High School; I was afraid to share my faith with others, if their faith was not as strong as mine. But one of the "guests" today shared something that really hit home with me. She shared how she watched "Pinocchio" as a young girl and realized that Jiminy Cricket is God. Now, while that may seem far fetched to you, I have always thought that myself. And in this woman's story, her grandmother told her that was blasphemy. You may also think that. I, however, agree with the story-teller. Whether you believe that God is a cricket, voice of reason, or some greater power above you, it doesn't matter how you picture God, but that you believe and know that God is greater then you. I really liked that analogy. Especially because I've always felt like God is my conscience.

So that led to having passion, acting out our passion before we feel it. Using our power to light our passion in front of us, and sharing our light as God's purpose. (I use purpose loosely, because, again like it was pointed out today; our purpose is not a specific something, but rather like a book. This is one purpose right now in my life. Tomorrow may lead to a whole new purpose. There is not just ONE purpose for me.)

This was not a workshop for youth leaders. This was specifically for 20-40 year olds. It was pretty amazing to see all those people there, my age, who may or may not have been youth leaders. We are all important, just like we tell our youth. Thank God for my brothers and sisters in Christ no matter what their age!

I hope you can tell how good I feel?!
I wanted to share those things with you. Be free. Be yourself. Be Unleashed.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I really needed unleashed. It's so easy to have things in your life that empty my out. But, this totally filled me up. And, it was exciting to see how it's working in the lives of others who where there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun. We should get more people to go next year!

    ReplyDelete