Thursday, March 15, 2007

After a long winter...


Spring is here!? Tuesday, the sun was shining, it was absolutely gorgeous outside. It felt like spring was really here. I stepped outside to check the mailbox, and I happened to glance down. Half of the yard was still covered in snow. But right under our front windows, were these little crocuses (croci, crocusss -Bill and I are wondering what is the plural for crocus?) peaking their little blooms out in the warm sun. I snapped a few photos to add and share with my blog.

Have a happy St. Patrick's Day! We'll be celebrating with Mom and Dad and their 40th anniversary! (it's ruby) Forty years... wow. That's amazing to me. They've been through a lot.

4 comments:

  1. don't count your croci until they are fully bloomed. i don't know about the great state of michigan, but we are supposed to get 4-7 inches of snow here in the garden state tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a few Spring days this week too but it's supposed to get cold and rainy again on the weekend. I could have gotten used to the weather...

    Tell your parents I said hello and congratulations. Sorry, I totally forgot to send the card, even though you told me. Everything is upside down here, I'm really sorry.

    Have a great weekend. Glad you are feeling better. The three of us all have a cold. Chiara's is the worst... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a dusting of snow here this morning... But we didn't get that storm that you got, Greg! It was chilly tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, I hope you are feeling better. My parents send their hellos and best wishes. Are you busy packing?

    ReplyDelete