Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Still

Well, it has been an interesting couple of days. Yes, I'm still on my Jars of Clay high. It is a great and natural high, almost brought to a screeching hault by my faulty nano. Alas, a trip to the apple store, restored it, and taught me how to handle the situation next time it arises.



Monday morning started out interesting enough with a faulty work computer (I would like to add here, because Bill cannot comment having forgotten his password, that he calls me "technology poison", this was NOT my fault. The computer was old and destined to die soon, even Cate admitted that she had been thinking of buying me a new computer knowing that one was about to kick the bucket) I had a difficult time getting the computer to even start up, and then once it did, I immediately (under Bill's good advice) did a full back-up. About two minutes after the back-up, it gave one short beep, and froze for eternity.

I might not be so stuck on the death talk, if it weren't for a funeral that we went to yesterday. It was my mom's oldest sister's husband. My uncle by marriage. He had been diagnosed with cancer awhile ago, and it really was a blessing that he passed away. I noticed something remarkable; there weren't that many tears shed during the funeral, or when the pastor was speaking at the cemetary. But when the men did the 21 gun salute and then played taps, there were very few dry eyes. It is one of those things, since 9/11 that effects me more then ever. That and when I hear the National Anthem. (Bill and I have a hard time watching the Olympics! And Memorial Day, forget it, I'm a basket case) I don't know how to explain that emotion that is caused by something so simple, yet has been so profound in so many lives. It is touching to see that no matter where they were, or how old they were, that those who served our country have respect.

Thank you for indulging that. Now, I would like to discuss the fact that it is snowing. Bill warned me that it often snows on or after his birthday (the 20th), I was warned. And I remember April Fool's Day having snow... but it was so nice and warm and spring-like. Oh well, it will be nice and sunny again next week. Or rainy, but at least warmer.

So Bill and I are tag-teaming for use of the home computer. I have a week off, or until I get the new computer. I will probably share a little bit about it when it arrives. Cate did not spare any expense when it came to buying me a new computer (here's a teaser: a 19" flat panel screen). I now need a new desk.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment