Monday, July 7, 2014

summer 2014 visit with Skylar

Skylar is here!

This is news because up until about 9:45am this morning, we weren't sure if she was going to make it up here for a visit.

Back in early May she tore her ACL playing soccer. She had an MRI because they weren't sure if it was her ACL or her meniscus. Thankfully it's just her ACL but she has to have surgery. Her doctor referred her to an orthopedic surgeon who referred her to a pediatric orthopedic surgeon because her growth plate hasn't fused. She's 15 years old and she's still going to grow. The surgeon had an open spot for an appointment this morning. They scheduled her surgery for next week which meant she could come hang out in America's high five! Woo hoo!!

I'm excited.

I'll be sharing what we do this week. She says, "This is so rad."

Clearly I'm thankful that she is here. She says I should be thankful for her awesome view.

I'll just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment