Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympic sap confessions

I've mentioned that I like watching the Olympics.

And oh, have I been watching the Olympics.

There are five different channels that, at any given time, I can catch at least one Olympic event.

I'm in Olympic dream heaven.

Did you watch the USA women's gymnasts win gold? I recorded it. And when I watched it, I cried.

They were tears of joy, until the cameras showed Russia's team, who were crying tears of frustration and defeat.

I was transported back to the 1996 games when Kerri Strug narrowly out-vaulted the Russians. It was deja vu. The Russians last night even looked like the girls of sixteen years ago. The taller blond hugging the younger gymnast. It was wild.

That's my Olympic confession today. There will be more, I'm sure since there are still eleven days left of competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment