Tuesday, November 27, 2012

what I'm reading

As I said the other day, Bill and I finally made it to the library. I picked up the "Screwtape Letters" by CS Lewis and "The Descendants" by Kaui Hart Hemmings. I am also reading "The Journey" by Adam Hamilton which is our Advent study this year in church.

I like reading and I am so glad that even though I would often try to bring a book to the table to read during dinner, my parents never discouraged my reading.

I remember Saturdays spent reading. Dad would be helping the Scouts, Mom would go to the grocery store and I would stay home and read.

One in particular memory took place in the dining room. I read the book while laying on the floor. It was a dark, stormy day.

Why was I in the dining room, on the floor? We had couches in the family room in the basement. That would have been much more comfortable.

I was reading a Trixie Belden book. Honestly, I was probably scared, so I stayed in the dining room where I had a clear view outside. You know, in case the bad guys tried to sneak up on me.

I also remember reading in the car. Every time we got in the car, I had a book to read.

I have one other book on my current list, Anna Karenina. We have it on the iPad.

I believe that if the book was good enough to be made into a movie, it's good enough to be read. Hence  "The Descendants". I will of course be picturing George Clooney regardless that I never watched the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment