Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving tip #13

Or a "tip for peeling carrots". I have discovered that it is much easier to peel a carrot if you start out holding the skinny end. Peel the fat end first. Then turn it around and peel the skinny end. My first instinct has always been to peel the skinny end first. But then you have no grip to hold the carrot while you peel the fat end. It can easily slip out of your hand. Trust me, it's much easier to peel the fat end first.

I just thought you might find that helpful for Thanksgiving dinner.

Of course it may have been more helpful had I posted it when I thought about it ten hours ago. But I was too busy cutting the vegetables for my new favorite holiday dish.

That will be a post for another day.

Why #13? Because I'm not sure I've given any tips before and I didn't want to start with #1 because I didn't want you to think it was the most important tip. Besides #13 is my favorite number, so I started there.

No comments:

Post a Comment