Wednesday, December 14, 2011

my birthday!

I was super busy yesterday, so I'm going to share the photos from my birthday with you. Then I'll blog again, because I have something to blog about for today!

I started by going to see the Cool Cats (no picture). They greeted my by singing "Happy Birthday" to me. Cindy, their teacher, made me a cake! It's such a wonderful way to start out the day!

Then, after stopping at home for a short time, I went to the DHHS lunch. I blogged about that on Quota's website. I picked Mary, who asks for homemade sugar cookies every year. I made her a batch of those and got her a gift card to McDonald's because she likes to stop and buy coffee.
Then, after delivering the plates of cookies to a few of our neighbors, Bill and I tried going to Jersey Junction for ice cream. Even though their sign says they close January 1st, they were already closed for the season.

That's okay. I have peppermint ice cream in our freezer!

Bill and I went to Meijer Gardens to see the Christmas Trees from Around the World and the Holiday train. They've added new buildings to the train scene this year. I did not realize that each building is made of natural materials! The shingles are eucalyptus leaves, they use hydrangea petals, and other plant particles. Here's how good they look...

The actual Greenhouse from outside.
The train model Greenhouse inside.
It's beautiful, magical and impressive, because hundreds of volunteer hours are spent making these models!

After dinner at Shiraz, we came home. I opened cards and presents!
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! It was a wonderful day. I enjoyed the many phone calls, cards, texts and wishes on facebook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment