Friday, December 9, 2011

the best in people

This story has been in our local news and it just keeps growing. It gives me goosebumps when I hear it. This story is why this time of year is so great. It brings out the best in people.

Then there's the story on our Quota blog, written by our President. What a gift! It always makes me think outside the box and try to find a new way to give a gift to someone.

What's the best gift (non-material) you've ever given? What's the best gift (non-material) you've ever received?

Even though yesterday's post suggested it's all about the material things, it most definitely is not. One of my favorite things is our Christmas Eve service. The darkness of the sanctuary, the stillness throughout, that is what makes it Christmas for me.

My wish for you this Christmas is that you are looking beyond the presents and will find hope and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment