Saturday, December 24, 2011

the day before Christmas

Yes, it is also known as Christmas Eve . Bill pointed that out this morning at 7:05 when we were standing in Wesley Hall waiting to serve breakfast. We were making small talk (only so many cooks in the kitchen, so we were being good Christians and chatting it up) and I said something that included those words. It was too early for my brain to think.

I am a morning person (they do not enjoy my enthusiasm at workcamp if you'll recall), but I hadn't been awake long enough this morning.

It's Christmas Eve.

'Twas the night before Christmas (see? I wonder where I got it from) and all through the house, the cats were snoring loud enough to wake a mouse.

Seriously. As I type this, the snoring that is emitting from our two precious cats is humorous. Have you ever heard a cat snore? If not, you are welcome to come over and witness it first hand.

I really should get up and go assemble the breakfast casserole, er one-dish breakfast.

Merry Christmas Eve and Merry day-before-Christmas, whichever you prefer!

No comments:

Post a Comment