Thursday, December 8, 2011

making a list...

And I've checked it twice.

Actually, I have three lists.

I think of something and write it down, but not on the same piece of paper. That would be too easy.

Fortunately the lists are similar. There are some extra things here and there. But for the most part, I've got almost everything on the lists and then some.

Of course we went overboard, again. We do every year.

Bill was so sweet this year.

He called me into his "office" and had me sit down. "Let's keep it to $XX this year."

"Sure", I replied knowing that what we'd already shopped for we had blown that number out of the water. And then we went shopping again. At least I keep the family gifts in check. There was one year that they came to Jersey to visit us and I went overboard, and then I shopped some more. Literally half of the living room floor was covered in presents. There wasn't much room for anyone to sit.

We've done better scaling it back since then. Until this year. Well, it won't be that bad (if you really think that's bad). I did shop some good sales. And I've had coupons.

Now to turn the spare bedroom into "Wrapping Central".

No comments:

Post a Comment