Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Craft day

My mom found this craft in the Midwest Living magazine (December 2011 issue, page 80) and told me about it.I hadn't made it that far, but flipped ahead and liked the craft. It was perfect! I had leftover halves of the embroidery hoops from our Halloween costume.
Last Friday, I did what the magazine told me; I sat down with a glass of wine and started cutting ribbon. I only had a thin, gold curling ribbon so I thought I'd see how that looked. I cut a test strip to check the length. It worked, so I set about cutting and tying. I worked in groups of ten. This was the smaller of the two hoops. Between texting and drinking the wine, it took me about an hour.
While the photos don't really do it justice, it looks great! I'm super happy with the ribbon wreath I made. I'm going to try to find some other ribbon (the article used a red & white "candy cane" striped ribbon) to make the other one. Then, when we pull out the Christmas decorations, I'll hang them in the windows.

I'm mostly sharing this for my mom who first pointed it out to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment